Thursday, October 13, 2011

No Busy Signal

I don't rightly know what to make of it, this part of my life.  I have never been busy.  Every now and then, when presented with the business of other people's lives, I wonder if I am doing things right.  Am I lazy?  No.  What then?

Honestly, I can't wholly answer.  In the end, I just value time.  Everybody has their love languages.  There are physical touch, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, and quality time.   Supposedly, though everyone of course loves all of those, everyone has one or two dominant languages.  For me, the number one language, by far, is quality time.

I love being around my friends and family, and except for instances here and there, I will find a way to be with them.  Also, it hurts me intensely when others are too busy for me.  It is a great struggle for me to let go of that.  In an instant, I understand.  However, when I have pursued someone's company, and they tell me that they want to hang out, but are too busy, here is what I hear, "You amuse me, but you are not important.  My job, church position, whatever, is more important than you." 

Sometimes, I know this can be to my detriment.  I covet time to think and create in my mind, and sometimes I struggle to get involved when I should.  It has taken far too long to really dig into the ministries at church.  Only in this last week have a started to really take root.  That is pretty weak.

I don't really know where I am going with this.  It is simply a mental answering of the question that has come into my head, "Why does everyone else cherish being busy so much?"  Several times within the last month I have been confronted with people who have seemed to condescend to me because they were far busier than me.  Or people have simply been too busy to find any time to spend with me.

I know.  This has not been a very Biblical post like usual, but, it is personal.  I want to have a humble heart about it.  I fear that I myself sounded condescending in my response.  That is not my intent.  I know that I have struggles in the area of time on my own.  These are just some thoughts that have been stewing in my mind and heart.  Please give my words the utmost grace, and do not take them poorly.  Perhaps I don't sacrifice my time enough?  Perhaps that is something I need to be open to giving up more.  I will surely pray hard about it.  I will take it to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment