Friday, October 14, 2011

Loving Others

For all my abilities and desire to communicate well, I feel I royally goofed my last post.  After rereading it several times, I am left with the sensation that my words did not match my intent.  I fear I sounded arrogant, self-righteous, pious, blech.  My desire was just to share some thoughts on a topis that has come up for years.
  So, forgive me for my last post.  Please give my words the utmost grace.

Here is a truly frustrating human phenomenon.  I will get so caught up in wanting to serve that I forget about other people, and begin thinking about MY need to serve.  (slaps self in face)  How twisted is that?  Pretty bad.  I end up, time and again, solely focused on myself.  Even in this post, I am tempted, not to think about others, but myself, my desire to help.   So it is.  Well, God has been faithful to slowly but surely redeem me in this area.  He has been faithful to remind me of the plight of others, to rekindle the flames of ministry.  Why do they ever dwindle?  (It's rhetorical.  I know the answer, and yes, I have a mirror.)

My prayer rally is that we would GENUINELY LOVE OTHERS, in both deed and heart.  On that, I will meditate day and night.

Side note, I am really excited about the possibility of getting to come down to Wurstfest.  I have been yearning for a bit of hometown New Braunfels, and could surely use some time there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment