Friday, August 19, 2011

Prayer for the Day

Father, you are why we live.  You are the source of everything that is good.  You are so faithful.  Thank you for that.  Thank you for never letting me go.  Thank you for bothering with us.  Forgive us our sins.  You have been faithful in helping me overcome the temptations to be angry.  Though you and I both know that I failed at times as well.  Forgive me for leaning on myself, for thinking myself to have had any wisdom apart form you.  Forgive me for making too much of myself, and not running to you at every turn.  Father, don't let us go.  Hold on to us.  Don't let us stray.  Rejuvenate our hearts.  Do not with hold any blessing, pleasant or not.  Do not let us be.  Make us yours.  Mold our hearts and minds.  Help us to see the lies, see the battle, and fight with truth and light and love.  You are why we live.  May your name be glorified throughout the Earth.  May the more come to know and enjoy you.  Your will be done.  In your son Jesus' name, amen.

1 comment:

  1. It is so encouraging to see a heart softened like this, Nicholas. I believe God rejoices in prayers like this from His children who love Him.

    ReplyDelete