Friday, August 19, 2011

A Waltz

Another song I have been working on has been a waltz.  I mean, it isn't a real waltz.  My inspiration as far as template is Flightless Bird/American Mouth, by Iron and Wine.  Standard EADGBE tuning.  Obviously to be played in 3/3 time.  I think it is best played melancholy, somewhere in the slower Andante range.

|---3
|---0
|---0
|---2
|---X
|---X

With this first chord, you are going to pick with your thumb on the top string on the first beat of the measure, then pluck the bottom three the last two beats.

|---3
|---0
|---0
|---0
|---X
|---X

Same thing, only the D string is opened.

|---X
|---0
|---0
|---2
|---3
|---X


Move to the middle four strings and follow the same pattern.

|---X
|---0
|---2
|---1
|---2
|---X

Slide your fingers down and add the finger to the G string.  Then, just start over.  I think it is a really good base.  I don't know though.  I am doing my best.

1 comment:

  1. It is so great to see someone say they want to do something, and then they just go and do it. Seems simple enough but so many people are held back by fear or doubt. Keep going Nicholas, your faith is an encouragement to us all.

    ReplyDelete