Monday, August 15, 2011

Creative Impass

It has been an interesting day for sure.  I have spent most of it here in our apartment working on various things.  I have been meditating heavily on the beginning of Light Blue.  Most people seem to complain about not having any ideas for what to do.  This is almost never my problem.  My problem is creative overload.  There are so many ideas coming so fast, that I can't decide which to pick.  The variations are endless.  I have three new beginnings in mind to replace the original.  Please pray for clarity. 
Also, I have set my mind to writing music, though not for myself.  In all honesty, the music I want to write requires more skill to actually create than what I possess.  But, I can hear it in my head.  God has shown me some interesting ways to unlock my musical creativity in writing.  One way is to have music be muffled.  It never ceases to amaze me how, if music, even familiar music, being warped through a door, or wall, or whatever, that the changes in the sound can really unlock cool new ideas.  Another crazy one has been to not play any instrument.  Without a doubt, I write music better without an instrument in hand.  I think this is because you are not focusing on performing.  You aren't limiting yourself.  It is all being created in my head.  I can hear the voices, the drums, the piano, so much clearer and freer when performing isn't on the table. It has been a long time coming, but I finally asked myself what was holding me back.  Time is what I would say, but that isn't true.  There is time.  I simply spend it doing things that pass the time, but have no value.  Some of what I do online is great and wonderful, much of it is really just a waste, a time killer.  I don't want to kill my time.  I want to use it for God's glory, and to show my affection for others!  So, no more.  Not that it won't be a battle.  It will.  But, I am resolved to take my heart to the Lord and beg our Father to imbue you and I with spirits that don't make excuses for not doing what we really want to when we can. 

I believe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment