Friday, January 7, 2011

Constantly learning, we are.  I planned on finishing the first draft of my book over the holidays.  Wrong.  Sure, there was no "work", but I spent the entire time with people.  It was a blast, but there was nary a second to spare.  I envisioned sitting alone out at the ranch, drinking some tea, tapping away as a lone buck prances across the field in front of me.  Instead, I spent most of the time at the ranch working, hauling around hay or incapacitated deer.  Uvalde was more of the same.  We played washers incessantly ( a game I had scoffed at before trying.  Too "redneck")  Turns out tossing washers into a hole in the ground can be pretty entertaining.  This month isn't looking too much better.  I have confidence it will happen, as the Lord has answered a major prayer.  I wrote two hundred pages of the book in six weeks during the summer.  Once school started back up, and I began to sub, I found writing difficult.  I had the time.  The problem has been keeping emotionally focused and creatively free.  See, when I write, I have to feel completely free from worry.  My mind needs to be able to go wherever it needs to go.  Subbing on the other hand, because I intend to do my job right, involves my undivided attention.  Going back and forth has proven to be sticky for me.  I have only written fifty pages since school started.  So, I only need to sub three days a week, and have been praying that God would somehow help me finish the book.  A week ago I get a call from my favorite school asking me if I was interested in a long term sub job where I would work three days a week... Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.  Talk about an answer to prayer.  Not just three days, but consecutive days.  So, with your prayers, and Gods grace, I should be able to finish this first draft with strength, despite the fact that my brother, sister-in-law, and sister are all living with Kathleen and I this month.  HA!  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment