Wednesday, December 29, 2010

...and a happy...

Well,  Christmas was pretty good.  I hope yours was as well.  I got to spend a lot of time with family and friends.  Spent Christmas day itself down in Uvalde with my dad's side.  We played lots of Wa(r)shers.  (I added the R for all the Okies out there) Everyone ate way too much, as per usual.  It was nice.  Still, for the last month or so there has been a keen sense of spiritual discontentment.  Something has surely been missing.  Throughout the entire holiday I have been praying and crying out to the Lord to open my heart to whatever His will is.  This morning it became clear!  I was praying, when, as happens, you can just see what needs to be seen.  Here is what I was shown... Last year I applied to be a part of InterVarsity's Campus Ministry.  Turns out I applied too late.  I needed to wait until this year.  In the mean time, I began to write and kept on writing.  I never thought I had it in me, but I am nearly finished writing my first novel.  So, for a year that has been my main avenue of ministry.  I have been pouring my heart and mind into this book in hopes that it will be read, and that once read, will prove a useful tool for the Lord's ministry.  So, this morning as I was praying for an answer to my heart's discontentment, "The Parable of the Talents" was lodged in my brain.  It didn't take long for me to see that I was not using my talents to the fullest.  I have been faithful in using my ability to craft and infuse meaning into narrative.  Yet, this has had me sitting alone in my room for hours and hours upon end, which is great.  But, God has given me many talents that I am not using in anyway at all.  So, I knelt down and offered my other talents to God anew.  What that means?  (Shrugs)  Perhaps I will try collegiate ministry again.  I don't know the specifics (apart from the more relational nature of ministry), just that I want to use every positive bit of me God has crafted to bring Him glory.  So, be in prayer, if you will?  2011 is looking to be a happy new year indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment