Thursday, January 5, 2012

It was one of those mornings where the sun was glowing in through the windows, soft and blue. I had spent the morning fasting, taking to heart the scripture used in Matt's New Year sermon, Luke 18. It's another (there are more) example of God telling us to pester Him with our prayers. No, I am not paraphrasing. Read Luke 18, and you will see. So, I spent the morning pestering God about a great many things. Fortunately, to my joy, it was one of those times where I could feel His presence. Communing with God is such a joy. In this time, I heard something, I've never heard before. As I listened, God called me son. Now, He has probably said it many times, but you know, as per my confession, that I struggle with the lie that God merely tolerates me, and in no way delights in me. Yet, in that moment, I understood God as my father. As such, I could see His heavy hand how I see my dad's. My dad loves me, and I never doubt that, though his hand was surely heavy. Yes, I mean I got spanked a ton. For some reason, I believed the lie, and when God disciplined me, I didn't feel loved, but hated. And so, God in His faithfulness is answering my prayers, and yours, that I would no longer believe that lie. Praise be His name!

1 comment: