Sunday, November 13, 2011

Unimaginable II


I wrote a post a few days ago called Unimaginable about imagining people not in your life as a means of realizing who they are to you.  I will keep this short, but I wanted to say that over the last few days, I have not felt God's presence.  He has been with me, but my heart has been veiled, and it has been rough.  I have felt alone.  I have felt cold.  Try imagining your world without God, if you think.  You will see what He is to you.  Do you miss Him?  Are you happy about it?  Do you feel chained?  Free?  Scared?  What happens inside you when you imagine life without God?

 And don't just think immediate.  Think about that, and go deeper.  In any given moment, I might be tempted to feel free apart from God.  But, if I take the vision further, past a short time, I am opened to a wasteland in my heart, pointless and cold.  All of the things that I am even tempted with become meaningless, inane.  So, again I ask, what do you feel when you picture the entirety of existence without God?

John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

2 comments:

  1. Your honesty is moving, Nicholas. God has definitely gifted you to be able to put into words what many of us feel but are afraid to face in ourselves. The way you openly express where you are is humbling and encouraging. You minister to hearts more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Your comment encourages me greatly. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete