Sunday, October 9, 2011

With People

Talking to someone about their career, and the conversation came around to working under people.  We both talked about the pain and frustration that usually comes from working underneath others.  When we parted ways, I was left thinking about the future, and my own career.  A twinge of fear and frustration hit me as I let it sink in that I would most likely be under people.  My mind sprang into action, already imagining future situations that could occur, future demands from future bosses.

The truth is though this is true.  Even if you are top dog, there will be frustration.  Essentially, you are just guaranteed to be hurt by people, and that is okay.  It's okay whenever I stop looking only others frustrating me, and realizing that I have, do, and will frustrate others, no matter my intent.  I am a mess too.  I am a part of it, and so are you, and everyone else.  We all have our blind spots.  When it comes to dating and love, I am always quick to impart the wisdom, "better to have loved and lost..."  and that is true.  Same goes with work.  It is better to have worked and lost, to have put yourself out there.  Just like with dating and love, if you think you can just not be a part, that you can protect yourself, you are only fooling yourself.  You are actually guaranteeing pain and failure.  Such it is with work.  Yes, it's a mess, but it is worth it, maybe not every moment, but ultimately.

Please pray that God would open up the doors for a career, that He would open my heart and mind to whatever it is that He has, that I would be ready to work hard, and serve readily.  This I will pray for you also.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for God to direct you into the right career for the NOW in your life! That you will meet the challenges headon just like you have met every other challenge! Thank you Lord in advance for Nicholas's new career

    ReplyDelete