Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Writer's Block II

The season of writers block is over.  Somebody was praying.  I know it.  I can feel it.  Night before last, I just spoke before I thought, "I am going to write tomorrow.  How many pages?" 

"Five?  Is that too many?"

"No.  Five will be good."

That was it.  I just decided that I was going to write, no matter what.  The amazing thing is, the outcome of my writing was better than it has ever been.  One of the greatest praises I got from the few people that got to read the first draft, was that I have an incredible talent for detail and description.  Yet, there were times when my story would get bogged down by too much of it.  Still not feeling it, I just sat down, and typed.  What I found was that my balance between description and simple language was much more spot on.  Kathleen read it and just awed at how much better it was, how the vivid qualities were still there, but that it was so much easier to understand what was going on, and it moved so much quicker. 

God is faithful, time and again.  He is marvelous. 

Also, I have been trying to strengthen my singing voice, which is, in my opinion, weak.  I spent probably half an hour on the floor going, hooooowwooooowooooowooooooo.  Dogs are licking my face, howling.    It really works though. 

Trying to start memorizing scripture.  I have chosen 1Philippians 3-11 to start.  So, here's verse three by memory... I thank my God every time I remember you.  (A group of three year old children and some seals begin to clap)  I know, I know.  Brilliant.  Stop it.  No really.  I know.  The strength of my memory blinds me too sometimes.  Yes.  I too am in (head pops).

My heart is praying for you, that you may know Him.  My prayer is that He would afford you and I every blessing, that nothing would be withheld.  That whatever trial or triumph would bring us closer to Him would be given.  He is mighty.  He is wonderful.  I am so very thankful for you.  Yes, I am thankful every time I remember you.  May you all come to know the love of God.  May your day be truly blessed.  In Jesus' name I ask these things, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment