Wednesday, June 29, 2011

 Thank you to everyone who wrote me today.  I have been in very good spirits despite the news.  I have been very confident in God's plan, and at peace with His will, whatever it may be.  I attribute that in large part to the enormous amount of prayer you have been giving.  I believe greatly in the power of prayer.  I have been strengthened enough to be of some comfort to my dad, whom I think was hit hardest by the news, probably more so than even my Nanna or my Uncle Buck.  I was able to remind him that our days are ordained by God before we are even born.  We had a good laugh as I shared the analogy that I like to use to think about our time here on this present Earth.  It is this, that you can almost visualize our time here as a progress bar on a computer, there is a set end, and the bar is filling up.  The only problem is we can't see the bar, so we don't know how full it is!  Could be that my bar is only half full, or ninety percent full.  I don't know.  Either way, that bar is set. 
I write theologically, and can sometimes sound academic and cold.  I don't want that here.  I will try to talk as normal as I can.  I just want to say thank you.  Your words really do mean a lot to me.  They have magnified God, much like a lens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment