Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It is often that I find myself beaten by the resurgent pains and frustrations of depression and anxiety.  Each battle easier than the last.  My arsenal of weapons to battle the lies is vast.  Yet, the pain is always so shockingly real.  With distance, it is easy to forget.  I look back and I think about what I have gone through, and with a hint of pretentiousness or melodrama I can say that I don't connect with it.  It doesn't seem real.  An entire decade of my life is stuck in limbo within my own mind.  Not gone, but surely not present.  Not accessible.  Thank God.  
I often wondered why no one had ever (as far as I have seen) written a book about surviving serious depression.  Now I know why.  Why would you ever want to even want to hint that you ever felt such death?  I spent over ten years of my life tortured by a pain I felt certain would never leave.  Now that it is gone, why would want to leave even a crack open for it to return?  The answer is to help others now struggling.  Such is the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment