Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday






Requiem, Op. 48 Pie Jesus by Chamber Orchestra Bernard Thomas, Bernard Thomas (Conductor) on Grooveshark


I don't have much to say today.  I have written several drafts before this, and they all felt hollow today.  I want to confess my faith in Christ Jesus on this Good Friday.  This is not new, it is not renewed, but saying out loud feels appropriate.  I can see the four-year-old version of myself who prayed for a changed heart, and was never the same.  My heart wants to state simply that I believe with all my heart that Jesus Christ came, lived a perfect life that you and I couldn't live, died a criminal's death upon the cross, taking all of our sin upon His self, and was raised to life on the third day.  He is now seated at the right hand of the Father.  Though I do not always live it well, though I fail, I will always turn back toward Christ.  It is His face I seek , and it is His face that the Father looks at when taking up the issue of my sin, my debt.  He sees Christ in my stead, and thus perfection when I have been nowhere near perfect.  It is indeed... finished.  To God be All Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment