Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Sun Set Twice

Something special happened to end my trip.  I got to see the sun set twice.  I watched it set through the massive, single-paned windows of San Antonio's airport.  It was a Hill Country sunset for sure.  Just as the sun disappeared below the horizon, they had us board.  Fifteen minutes later I was thrust back into my seat.  As always, I was hunched over, trying to stare out the window.  Ascending rapidly, my ears filled with air, the houses outside got smaller, and, to my surprise... the sun began to rise on the horizon!  We poked through the clouds, and it looked like Antarctica was below, dunes of white snow as far as the eye could see.  The sun rose almost all the way back above the horizon.  Finally, as we all know, it set "again" slowly beneath the sea of white below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment