Saturday, February 4, 2012

It feels good to be so close to Home.  The drive down was great.  It was the first time I had driven down 35 in at least nine months.  The sun shone bright through the clouds in broad, bright bands.  We drove through New Braunfels and into San Antonio where I am staying with my buddy Andrew.  We ate a pizza place, Fralo's, on the North side of San Antonio.  It was great.  The pizza was wonderful, and more importantly, it felt Texan.  Dallas is many things, but it is not particularly Texan.  It's a big city.  The people are mostly big city.  Fancy clothes and fancy ideas are everywhere.  All of this is fine, I guess.  In the end, it isn't bad, it just doesn't feel Texan to me.  Sitting outside of Fralo's, it was just a different world, my world.  The people were all just... there.  No one was flashy.  Everyone was comfortable and easy going.  The mood was open and friendly.  Music was being played loudly.  It was just easygoing fun.  The smell was different too.  It's the cedar, I think.  The air is thicker and warmer.
Tomorrow I will actually be in New Braunfels all day.  Going to spend the most of the day just being.  You know?  I don't have a bunch of plans.  I am going to be trying to begin writing chapter four, I think at the Gazebo tomorrow morning.  We'll see.  It just feels good to be so close to Home.  Anyhow, it is late.  I am just thankful for my time here.  God is so gracious have given me such a place to call home.
I'll right more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment