Sunday, December 18, 2011

Nicholas L. Laning
Your words have meaning and value to others.  You may not think that true, but it is.  I know this because I write this blog.  Believe it or not, it is not my desire to share.  It is not a joy of mine to let other people know these things.  Some people get pleasure from such things, and that's great.  I mean that.  Yet, my desire is and always has been to be known truly by but a few people.

I write, I talk, I sing (poorly) publicly because I have an itch, inserted deep in my heart by the Holy Spirit.  This itch tells me that I must share, whether I feel stupid or not, and I do frequently feel stupid.  I very often feel that no one cares, that my thoughts are boring, inane, and annoying.  And yet, time and again, almost always as I start to question my itch, start to think that I should just shut up about what the Lord has done, keep it to myself, that the Lord brings affirmation and confirmation that my words have meant something to someone else, and I am flabbergasted and rejuvenated.

And so it is that I challenge you with all humility to speak, to write, to sing the of all that the Lord has done for you.  Do not hold back.  Do not let the lies of satan keep you from sharing, for perfection is the Lord's.  If you doubt, simply ask yourself, "Have I not been affirmed when I speak, when I write, when I sing?"   If you are honest with yourself, you will find that there are people all around you motivated by your words, not because your own perfection, but the perfection of Christ's love as portrayed through you your imperfect life. 

My prayer for you and me is that we would open our hearts to God, that our affection would be genuine, not born of rigid duty, causing us to burst with praise and testimony of all that God has done.  May we not be too busy, too idle, too scared, too arrogant to let the river of our hearts flow out of our mouth, and thus miss out on the blessings of sharing, not withstanding the visible outpouring of the Holy Spirit through us.  May our words be seasoned and wise, always reaching from scripture, and knowledge of the one true God.  May God bless us, pleasant or not.  May all of this be so.  Amen.


Proof by Coldplay on Grooveshark


3 comments:

  1. I'll be honest I don't always read your blog however when I do I leave with a new thought to chew on or encouraged or moved by what you've said. Tonight is one of those moments. keep writing! it's such a blessing. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many times in the past I have felt led to start up a bible study or fellowship group of some kind. I have gone as far as to get the people together, start the study and every time someone steps in and takes over the whole thing. I therefore tend to think that I was misguided and it was not what God wanted me to do -that I have not found what He wants me to do yet. What do you think? Ganga

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is too true. I think we are too easily discouraged from divine appointments. I experience His will often by a phone call or a chance meeting - the true question is whether or not I act upon it. I am encouraged by your sharing always. mom

    ReplyDelete