Thursday, September 8, 2011

Until then...

God is always faithful.  This same issue pops up again and again, and He doesn't mind reminding me of the truth.  The issue is that I want to serve Him in ministry, it is an insatiable thirst that I have.  Oddly, however, this good thing has often come between God and I.  How twisted is that?  Yet, He is always swift to remind and refresh in me that while serving Him is wonderful, it is really intimacy with him that is desired.  That patience and kindness also serves to remind me that I am to be the same to others.  Again and again I am to be patient and loving and forgiving, not just once.

My prayer has been for intimacy for you and I.  May we look to serve, but never let it get in the way of the higher calling of simply loving and knowing God.  May we not pass Him up for His stuff, not even His service.  May we love Him fully, and in turn, others greatly.  May our hearts submit, be softened, and grow in affection.

Gungor
Beautiful Things

All this pain..
I wonder if I'll ever find my way.
I wonder if my life could really change, at all.
All this earth..
Could all that is lost ever be found?
Could a garden come up from this ground, at all?

 You make beautiful things,
You make beautiful things out of dust.
You make beautiful things,
You make beautiful things out of us.

All around,
Hope is springin up from this old ground.
Out of chaos, life is being found in You.

You make me new,
You are making me new.
You make me new,
You are making me new. (making me new.)

1 comment:

  1. This truly is His desire for us above all else, and yet we seem to think the stuff we do for Him means more. No, it is the daily trust, delight, and love for Him that He desires. It changes us and the way we see everything because we begin to see him in every situation. This is beautiful, Nicholas.

    ReplyDelete