Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My father came up to Dallas last week in order to get his torn bicep checked out (please pray for his arm).  Before he went back to Brownwood, we had a lunch together.  It was great.  About half way through our meal my dad just stops, and says, "I've been afraid to push.  I've been so afraid that I would tip you over the edge.  I can now see that you are better, that you are back from the abyss.  So, I am going to push you..." 

It was like water to my parched soul.  We set up a time to have enough of Light Blue finished to send in (Sept. 29 at the latest).  He also admonished me to get back into ministry while I pursue getting published.  I tried to wuss out and remind him that I got rejected twice, to which he wisely replied, "So what."  That was one place.  It wasn't meant to be.  There are thousands of ministries.  So, after a week of thinking about it, I am ready to start looking again.  So, be in prayer for me.  I have not decided anything beyond that I want to apply for ministry while i finish my book.  I have no idea where, or in what capacity.  Those details will come later.  I am simply excited to move forward and try again to share God's love and grace as my career. 

May God be with you this day.  May He guide you toward Him, being quick to right your missteps, faithful to remind you of what will bring you the most joy, the most delight, the most truth.  May He afford you every blessing, whether pleasant or not.  May the Holy Spirit be active in your heart and mind, keeping you heart soft and moldable to His will and delight.  IN Jesus' name, amen,

No comments:

Post a Comment