Saturday, June 25, 2011

Quick to Answer

I woke up this morning after yet another nearly sleepless night.  I could here my sister, Chelsea's voice, coming from down the hall.  She has been the videographer at TBarM sports camp down in New Braunfels.  She is up this weekend to shoot a friend's wedding.  So, we went out for breakfast at a nearby la Madeleine's.  As I ate my salade, cream of mushroom soup, and my strawberry's Romanoff, Chelsea and I took turns fielding question about what each of us has been up to as of late.  When it came to my turn, she asked me about why I hadn't been sleeping well.  Without thinking I told that there had been some serious spiritual attacks going on.  I told her that I had barely slept, that I have been pounded from almost every direction possible.  I cannot think of single area that has been left untouched, unmolested with lies.  Usually they come a bit at a time, or it will be one or two things at a time.  This has seen me battling, worry, lust, anger, faithlessness, self-righteousness, joylessness, and more.  Yet, as I spoke to her, I could feel the clarifying touch of the Holy Spirit move through our talk.  She asked what I thought my be at the root of it.  The second she asked me, I told her about Light Blue, how I was waiting for the last bits of feedback on it before giving another once over.  For the last three weeks, I have been pondering what to do next, now that the writing portion of Light Blue is coming to an end.  As I have mentioned in an earlier post, I have pondered sharing the story of my struggle with depression.  The very instant I even pondered such a thought, all of this hell storm came down on me ever since.  I already had the thought it my head, and Chelsea voiced it.  Sh said, "Sounds like you really need to write that book then.  Sounds like satan knows that a lot of good will come from it."  My heart rang true with that.  Everything that has been occurring made sense.  All of it came together.  I am going to write it.  God can do nothing or everything with it, but it will be written, lest God should take me home before I can.  The tide is turned.  My face is set, and it is towards God's glory.  Even those struggles that I have had, they have been useful in reminding me of important elements of depression long forgotten by a mind set on moving forward.  For one, it helped clarify the intent of the book.  It is not to heal, for that I cannot promise, but to enrich and embolden and encourage the lives of those struggling with depression, that they might be triumphant in the face of adversity.  That their faith would remain intact, and indeed grow.  That hope would abound, and joy be found once again.

On another note, I read that it is good, as an author, to create a cover for your book.  Supposedly it helps you remain focused on the hope of what could be.  I  have to admit that I found the practice very inspiring and encouraging.  Here are a couple of examples.  Let me know what you think.  I know that is hard to do without knowing what the novel is about, but there isn't much that I can say about it at this time.  It is fiction, if I were to classify it, as best I could, I would simply say it would best fall under the tag of suspense.  That's all you're getting for now, maybe I will divulge more later.





2 comments:

  1. I like the 3rd and 4th ones the best. And Nicholas, I enjoy reading your blog very much. It's what got me into mine in the first place. Also, I miss you. We need to chill and talk because I think we'll find that we have a lot in common in relation to the wilderness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 1 and 3 the best.

    There's a connection depression sufferers share, and I feel that connection to you through your writing. It's a comfort, and fear, all together. Now, get to writing! :-)

    ReplyDelete