Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another great Sunday at church.  It really is a wonderful thing that every single Sunday, I feel ignited.  During each service I burn.  I burn with thanksgiving, and I burn with longing.  I long to just be used, not because I need to earn anything, but because nothing could make me happier.  The idea of pestering God in prayer was raised in the sermon today, and if I were diligent, I would look up the verses I am about to recall, but I am not.  It reminds me of the parable where God uses the metaphor of man who bangs on his neighbors door to ask for something.  The first few times the neighbor will be frustrated and say go away, but, if the man is diligent in banging on the door in the middle of the night, he neighbor will eventually give the man whatever he was asking for.  Then God tells us that is how he wants us to be with Him.  he wants us to ask and ask and ask, and you know it has nothing to do with earning anything.  It is simply a part of sanctification, of learning to yearn for and depend on God for our joy.  So, I want to pester God.  I beg Him that I would get to be a part of bringing Him glory, that He would use me despite me, not for any other reason than I want to love Him so.

No comments:

Post a Comment