Friday, February 18, 2011

Through the Lens of Death... My Heart's Cry.

Everyday, all day, my heart is driven by one thing.  It is something that is so important and so life-changing.  Yet, it is also offensive, difficult to receive, and a stumbling block to our hearts.  So, I spend my days thinking of subtle ways to fulfill this purpose slowly and well... subtly.  I do this probably because I am afraid to arouse conflict.  I think I can appeal to your mind a bit at a time.  I can ask questions that are small to lead to what I hope is answering the big question I am really wanting to ask.  Simply put, I am trying to be gentle and tactful.  Yet, today is different.  This morning my grandfather, Daddy Jake, died.  Through my tears of pain of personal loss, and my smiles of thankfulness for even getting to be his grandson, my heart wants to share its constant cry, and it is this... Come to Christ!  Let down your pride, your need to "rule" your own life.  Let nothing stand between you and such love!  Nothing!  One day you and I will both be dead, and I want to be sitting with you in heaven.  I want those whom you have let behind in this life to rejoice at getting to see you again, and not weeping broken hearted that you have been lost in hell for eternity.  Search your hearts! I dare you to open your heart enough to at least just ask God if He is there.  Ask Him!  See if He answers.  He speaks to my heart everyday.  Through the lens of death, I cannot think of anything more appropriate to write.  Jesus loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment