Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Heart of Worship

I have always sung for worship.  My parents taught me that worship was about God, and that He deserved my praise, whether I could sing well or not, or wanted to or not.  Yet, I have long struggled with praise outside of church, as it all too often that I don't feel up to it.  Worship is sacred and wonderful, and all too often I have felt too... evil, unworthy, off, something.  So, I only sang when I was supposed to, at church.  Over the last year or so I have been shown so many new things about worship.  The one thing I now see is that worship doesn't have to be done with a perfect heart.  Worship is a way to a better heart.  It is to be done with whatever heart you have.  If you are broken, sing broken.  God is worth every note.

No comments:

Post a Comment